Here are a few things you and I need to STOP doing if we want to create a safe place:
1. Stop assuming that your truth is THE truth. What is true for you is not necessarily true for another.
2. Stop insisting that other people must agree with you. Disagreement is okay. Don’t ‘cross-examine’ people.
3. Stop unconsciously assuming that anyone else will see it the way you see it. Always check it out.
4. Stop invalidating other people’s experience just because it doesn’t agree with your experience.
5. Stop blaming anyone else for how you feel or what happens to you. Take full responsibility for yourself.
~Danaan Parry, Warriors of the Heart